Hot Cocoa with Almond Milk
This dairy-free take on a classic compromises nothing in taste and can be made with any soy, rice, or nut milk.
Martha Stewart Living, December 2007
- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks, split lengthwise
- 1/4 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 2 ounces dark chocolate (preferably at least 70 percent cacao), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Bring milk and cinnamon sticks to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat, and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Remove cinnamon sticks, rinse, and reserve.
- Whisk in cocoa, chocolate, sugar, and salt, whisking vigorously until mixture is foamy, 1 to 2 minutes. Divide among mugs. Garnish with cinnamon sticks.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.