Baked Clams with Italian-Style Breadcrumbs and Horseradish
This recipe for delicious baked clams with Italian-style breadcrumbs and horseradish can be found in "The Young Man and the Sea" by David Pasternack and Ed Levine.
The Martha Stewart Show, October Fall 2007
- 12 littleneck or cherrystone clams, shucked, juice reserved
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated horseradish
- 1 cup Italian-Style Breadcrumbs (http://www.marthastewart.com/256553/italian-style-breadcrumbs)
- 1 lemon, halved
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat broiler. Evenly place clams in their half shells on a baking sheet; drizzle with olive oil and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine horseradish and breadcrumbs; sprinkle over clams and lightly pat down to adhere. Squeeze the juice from 1 of the lemon halves over clams; drizzle with olive oil.
- Place clams under broiler, and cook until breadcrumbs are light golden and bubbly, about 6 minutes, drizzling clams with reserved clam juice halfway through cooking.
- Transfer clams to a serving plate, season with salt and pepper. Cut remaining lemon half into 4 wedges. Serve clams immediately with lemon wedges.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.