Broiled Chicken with Onion and Golden Raisin Chutney
This delicious broiled chicken recipe is courtesy of Sarah Carey, food editor for Living and host of "Everyday Food."
The Martha Stewart Show, October Fall 2008
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs, skin-on
- 4 bone-in chicken legs, skin-on
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Onion and Golden Raisin Chutney (http://www.marthastewart.com/257510/onion-and-golden-raisin-chutney)
- Preheat broiler with rack 7 inches from heat source. Line the bottom of a broiler pan with aluminum foil and place top portion of pan over foil. Preheat broiler pan for 3 minutes in broiler.
- Pat chicken pieces dry and coat with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and place, skin-side up on preheated pan. Cook for two minutes, rotate pan, and cook, until skin just begins to take on color, 2 minutes more.
- Turn chicken, skin-side down, and cook for 2 minutes. Rotate pan and continue cooking until juices run clear or an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken reaches 160 degrees, 2 to 4 minutes more. Turn chicken, skin-side up, and cook until skin is crisp. Serve immediately with chutney.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.