Avocado, Grapefruit, and Pomegranate Salad
For the Salad
- 4 ounces mixed organic greens, such as baby arugula, baby spinach, mizuna, frisee, and red and green oak leaf
- 1 head endive, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 head radicchio, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small head Bibb lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 ripe avocados, preferably Hass, pitted, peeled, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 ounces haricot vert, steamed, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large ruby grapefruit
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
For the Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed ruby grapefruit juice (from segmented grapefruit)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of sugar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine greens, endive, radicchio, and lettuce in a large bowl; add avocado and haricot vert.
- Remove peel and pith from grapefruit using a sharp paring knife. Working over a medium bowl to catch the juice, carefully cut between membranes to remove segments, and coarsely chop. Squeeze remaining membrane to extract juice; reserve.
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together reserved grapefruit juice, mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl; add chopped grapefruit. While whisking constantly, add olive oil in a slow and steady stream until combined. Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss gently to coat. Transfer to a serving platter. Garnish with pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.