El Gordo Burger
Roy Ramirez Jr., the Toyota Block Party Winner, shared this recipe for his el gordo burger.
The Martha Stewart Show, September Fall 2007
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 pounds ground chuck beef
- 6 scallions, white and light green parts only, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground barbecue seasoning mix
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Prepared barbecue sauce, for brushing
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Unsalted butter, for buns, if desired
- Lettuce, for serving (optional)
- Sliced tomatoes, for serving (optional)
- In a large bowl, mash together avocado and garlic salt; set aside.
- In another large bowl, mix together ground beef, scallions, barbecue seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce. Gently form into four 1-inch-thick patties.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan. Grill meat, turning every 3 to 4 minutes. Brush meat with barbecue sauce during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Cook meat until no longer pink, about 15 minutes total.
- Butter hamburger buns, if desired, and place on grill until toasted. Spread buns with avocado mixture. Place burgers on buns and top with lettuce and tomato, if desired. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.