Sauteed Spinach with Toasted Pine Nuts
Sauteed spinach gets unexpected earthiness and crunch from toasted pine nuts.
Martha Stewart Living, December 2009
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds baby spinach
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil and 1 garlic clove in a 12-inch straight-sided skillet over medium-high heat, until garlic is golden, about 3 minutes. Add a quarter of the spinach, and cook just until it wilts, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a colander; drain. Repeat with remaining oil, garlic, and spinach.
- Transfer spinach to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Squeeze lemon over spinach, and top with pine nuts.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.