Kale with Tomato, Garlic, and Thyme
Enjoy this saute as a side, toss with pasta for a main course, or serve on crostini.Also try: Spicy Chard with Ginger, Escarole with Onion and Lemon, Beet Greens with Bacon
Everyday Food, January 2010
- 1 tablespoons plus two teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 pound boiled, chopped kale leaves
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium. Add garlic cloves, thinly sliced, and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add cherry tomatoes, quartered, and fresh thyme leaves. Cook until tomatoes begin to break down, 2 minutes. Add kale and cook until heated through, 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons oil.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.