Tortillas will keep in the refrigerator, in a sealed plastic bag, for up to two months.
Everyday Food, March/April 2003
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Yield Serves 8
- 2 (8-inch) tortillas
- 4 tablespoons butter, plus melted butter for brushing on tortillas
- 1/4 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 bananas
- Ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place tortillas on a baking sheet; brush both sides of tortilla with melted butter. Bake until golden, 7 to 8 minutes (if they puff up, press down with a spatula).
- In a small saucepan, stir brown sugar, cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon water over medium heat. Stir in 4 tablespoons butter until melted.
- Slice bananas diagonally 1/4 inch thick; arrange in overlapping circles on tortillas. Brush brown-sugar mixture evenly over galettes. Bake until shiny, about 10 minutes. Cut into wedges; serve warm, with ice cream, if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.