A dollop of chocolate-hazelnut spread lends unexpected decadence to a hazelnut blondie.
Martha Stewart Living, July 2007
Yield Makes about 2 dozen
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, plus more for pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, toasted, skins rubbed off with a kitchen towel, and chopped
- 1 heaping tablespoon chocolate-hazelnut spread, such as Nutella, plus more for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8-by-11-inch baking pan. Line with parchment paper. Butter parchment.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Melt butter. Beat butter and sugar until combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add flour mixture, and stir until combined. Stir in hazelnuts and Nutella.
- Press dough into pan. Bake until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs, about 25 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes. Cut into squares. Serve with additional Nutella.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.