Martha Stewart Living, December 2006
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup golden syrup, such as Lyle's
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter with the sugar and syrup in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in brandy.
- Whisk flour, coconut, and salt in a bowl. Stir in butter mixture. Drop 1 1/2 teaspoons batter onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake until golden, 10 to 11 minutes. Let cool 3 minutes. Quickly use a spatula to lift cookies and drape them over a rolling pin; let set. If undraped cookies cool too quickly, reheat them in the oven for 30 seconds.
Cookies can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature up to 1 week.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.