Sticky Orange-Coconut Pinwheels
Martha Stewart Living, August 2001
Yield Makes one 9-inch cake
- Granny Foster's Refrigerator Rolls (http://www.marthastewart.com/257024/granny-fosters-refrigerator-rolls)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted melted butter, plus more for baking dish
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- Zest of 1 orange
- Orange Pinwheel Glaze (http://www.marthastewart.com/255577/orange-pinwheel-glaze)
- Prepare one-quarter of the recipe for Granny Foster's Refrigerator Rolls dough, through step 5.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a 9-inch round glass baking dish; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, coconut, and orange zest; set aside.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough into a 12-inch round, about 1/4 inch thick. Brush with melted butter; set aside. Sprinkle sugar mixture evenly over dough. Cut into twelve equally sized pie-shaped wedges. Beginning at the wide end of the wedge, roll it up. Arrange wedges in a pinwheel pattern in prepared baking dish. Cover with a clean kitchen towel, and let rise until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Bake until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Drizzle glaze over pinwheels.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.