Caramelized Pears and Red Onions
Martha Stewart Living, February 2010
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 firm, ripe red pears, such as Bartlett, cored and quartered
- 2 red onions, each cut into 6 wedges
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Drizzle pears and onions with oil. Season with salt and pepper, and toss. Spread mixture in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, turning pieces occasionally, until golden brown, about 40 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.