This easy recipe for boiled shrimp is courtesy of Frank Stitt and should be used in his Pickled Shrimp recipe.
The Martha Stewart Show, July Summer 2008
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 rib celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 pounds small to medium shrimp
- Coarse salt
- Fill a large pot with water; add onion, celery, lemon, and parsley. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce to a simmer and cook 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp and season with salt. When water returns to a simmer, immediately remove pot from heat. Shrimp should be curled and bright pink. Drain and let cool. Peel and devein shrimp.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.