Vanilla-Roasted Peaches with Raspberries
You can trade 1 teaspoon vanilla extract for the vanilla bean. To use the bean, split pod lengthwise, and with the tip of a paring knife, scrape seeds into the dish.
Everyday Food, July/August 2007
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise and scraped, or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 firm, ripe peaches (1 to 1 1/2 pounds total), halved and pitted
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 package (5 to 6 ounces) raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large, shallow baking dish, combine butter, lemon juice, sugar, and vanilla bean (seeds and pod). Add peaches, and turn to coat with butter mixture; arrange, cut side down, in a single layer.
- Roast until peaches are tender and cooking liquid is syrupy, 15 to 25 minutes, brushing with cooking liquid halfway through. Serve peaches (warm or at room temperature) with ice cream and raspberries; drizzle with cooking liquid.
If the liquid in the bottom of the baking dish is too thick to drizzle, simply whisk in 1 to 2 tablespoons warm water.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.