Serve with Celeriac Salad (recipe follows).
Martha Stewart Living, July 2002
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 medium soft-shell crabs, cleaned
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, washed and cut into 8 wedges
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels, and set aside. Combine flour, 2 teaspoons salt, and the pepper in a large shallow dish. Dredge crabs in seasoned flour, tapping off excess, and place on a large plate or baking sheet.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat until it is hot. Add butter and olive oil to skillet. When butter has melted, add crabs; cook until both sides are crisp and deep golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Using a slotted spatula, transfer crabs to prepared baking sheet to drain. Sprinkle with salt. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.