Roasted Winter Vegetables
Everyday Food, December 2009
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Serves 8
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for sheets
- 1 medium acorn squash, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 pound turnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and halved lengthwise (quartered if large)
- 1/2 pound shallots, halved
- 1 head garlic, cloves broken apart and left unpeeled
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 sprigs thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush two large rimmed baking sheets with oil. In a large bowl, toss all vegetables with oil and season with salt and pepper. Divide vegetables between baking sheets. Top with thyme and roast until golden and tender, 30 to 35 minutes, rotating sheets and tossing vegetables halfway through.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.