Fried Herbed Almonds
These crunchy thyme-flecked nuts are delicious served with sherry and slices of manchego cheese.
Martha Stewart Living, November 2006
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Yield Makes 2 cups
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups whole blanched almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, leaves
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add almonds, and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden and fragrant, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir in thyme leaves. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper. Spread out on a rimmed baking sheet, and let cool completely. Almonds can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 weeks.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.