Papaya, Jicama, and Avocado Salad
This chunky and crunchy salad is served more as a condiment than a separate course.
Martha Stewart Living, April 1995
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 ripe papaya (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 jicama (about 1 pound), skinned and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 Haas avocado (about 12 ounces), ripe, but firm
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine papaya and jicama. Cut avocado in half; remove pit and skin. Cut into 1/2-inch cubes and add to papaya and jicama. Add lime vinaigrette and toss well to combine. Add cilantro, adjust seasoning, and toss again.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.