Pan-Seared Steaks with Chimichurri Sauce
Get dinner on the table in no time with this flavorful steak recipe.
The Martha Stewart Show, May 2010
- Two 8- to 10-ounce top loin boneless strip steaks, cut 1 inch thick, at room temperature
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- Chimichurri Sauce (http://www.marthastewart.com/256661/chimichurri-sauce)
- Heat a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over high heat until very hot. Season steaks on both sides with salt and pepper. Add half the butter to one side of skillet, and immediately place steak on top; repeat with remaining butter and steak. Do not move meat. Cook for 2 minutes, turn, and continue cooking until an instant-read thermometer reaches 125 degrees for medium-rare or 130 degrees for medium.
- Transfer steaks to a plate; let rest 5 to 10 minutes before serving with chimichurri sauce.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.