FOR THE SALAD
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds Russian banana fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 stems fresh thyme
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 ounces green beans
- 2 cups baby arugula
FOR THE DRESSING
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Make the salad: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Puree garlic and oil in a blender until smooth. Toss with potatoes, tomatoes, and thyme on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until potatoes are golden and tender, about 30 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Prepare an ice-water bath. Cook green beans in a large pot of boiling salted water until bright green and just tender. Transfer to ice-water bath. When cool, drain beans in a colander.
- Make the dressing: Combine vinegar, mustard, thyme, and shallot in a small bowl. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified.
- Toss potato mixture, beans, and arugula with dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
To ensure maximum flavor, toss potatoes with dressing while they're still warm.