Chocolate and Vanilla-Bean Ganache
Martha Stewart Living, December 2008
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split and scraped, pod reserved
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) unsalted butter, cut into pieces and softened
- Combine honey, cream, and vanilla seeds and pod in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, and cook, stirring until honey dissolves. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Place chocolate in a food processor. Return cream mixture to a simmer, then strain through a fine sieve. Discard solids. Pour cream mixture over chocolate, and let stand for 1 minute. Process until smooth. Add butter, and continue to process, scraping down sides occasionally, until butter is incorporated. Let cool slightly, and then use immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.