Pork Cutlets Parmesan
We took a classic recipe and trimmed it for less fat and fewer calories but kept the taste.
Everyday Food, January/February 2004
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- 12 ounces pork tenderloin
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Coarse salt, for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Lemon wedges and parsley sprigs, for serving
- Slice pork tenderloin into 12 rounds. Place rounds between two sheets of plastic wrap; with a meat mallet or small heavy skillet, pound to 1/8 inch thick.
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg whites with 1 tablespoon water. In another bowl, combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan. Place all-purpose flour in a third bowl. Season pork with salt. Dip pork in flour, then in egg mixture. Dredge in breadcrumb mixture; pat it in.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute half the cutlets until golden brown and cooked through, about 1 minute per side. Repeat with another tablespoon oil and remaining pork. Serve with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.