Tortellini with Peas
Everyday Food, September 2006
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Serves 4
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving (optional)
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook tortellini about 2 minutes less than package instructions. Add peas; cook until pasta is al dente and peas are tender, 2 minutes more. Reserving 1 cup pasta water, drain. Set aside pasta and peas.
- Melt butter in pasta pot over medium-low heat. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Discard garlic.
- To pasta pot, add pasta and peas, Parmesan, and 3/4 cup reserved pasta water; season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Add more pasta water, if necessary, to thin sauce. Serve, topped with additional Parmesan if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.