- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, mix brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in corn syrup and orange juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally; cool until slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Let cool; stir in vanilla.
Syrup can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.