Ginger Yogurt Sauce on Pineapple
Everyday Food, March 2007
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger (from a 1-inch piece)
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 pineapple, pared, cored, and cut into wedges (see note, above)
- 1/4 cup sliced toasted almonds (optional)
- Place ginger in a fine-mesh sieve set over a small bowl. Press to release juice (you should have 1 to 2 teaspoons); discard pulp.
- Add yogurt and honey to bowl; mix to combine. (To store sauce, cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.)
- To serve, divide pineapple among four serving plates; top with sauce and, if desired, almonds.
Prepping a Pineapple: Using a large serrated knife, slice off top and bottom of pineapple so it sits level on work surface. Working from top to bottom and following the fruit's curve, slice off skin; cut away remaining "eyes." Quarter fruit lengthwise; holding pieces upright, slice off and discard core. Cut each quarter lengthwise into three wedges.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.