- 1/3 cup red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 2 yellow bell peppers (ribs and seeds removed), cut into wedges (each 2 inches long and 1/2 inch wide)
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil. Add onion. Toss to combine; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook green beans until crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- To bowl with onion, add bell pepper and cooked green beans. Toss to combine; season with salt and pepper. Serve.
If making this salad ahead, cover the onion-dressing mixture with plastic; refrigerate separately from green beans and peppers. Just before serving, toss to combine.