- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons hot wheat cereal (not instant)
- 3 tablespoons apple butter
- 1 teaspoon light-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- In a small saucepan, bring milk to a simmer; gradually whisk in wheat cereal.
- Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring frequently, until cereal has thickened and is cooked, about 2 minutes (adjust consistency with water, if necessary). Top cereal with apple butter, sugar, and walnuts.
For a creamy taste (and extra calcium), cook wheat cereal in fat-free milk instead of water.