Goat-Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
These stuffed mushrooms make great bite-size appetizers.
Everyday Food, October 2007
- Olive oil, for baking sheet
- 3 slices white sandwich bread
- 1 small garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1 log (5 ounces) soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Coarse salt
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) white button mushrooms, stems removed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a food processor, pulse bread and garlic until fine crumbs form; set 1/2 cup aside. To food processor, add goat cheese, parsley, and red-pepper flakes. Season with salt, and pulse filling until combined.
- Spoon filling into each mushroom, and roll filled side in reserved breadcrumbs. Place on prepared baking sheet; bake until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.