Celery Root and Apple Slaw
Celery root, also called celeriac, has a crunchy texture and
a mild celery taste that pair well with tart green apple
and a savory-sweet dressing. Allow enough time to let the
slaw stand so that the flavors have a chance to mingle.
Martha Stewart Living, December 2009
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 small celery root (about 12 ounces), trimmed, peeled, and cut into matchsticks (2 cups)
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into matchsticks (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh cider
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.