Crisp Garlic Bread
Everyday Food, October 2004
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, or parsley
- Coarse salt
- 1 Italian bread loaf (8 ounces), halved lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook garlic cloves in boiling water for 2 minutes; remove and finely chop.
- In a small bowl, mix garlic with butter, mint or parsley, and salt to taste.
- Spread butter mixture on cut sides of bread. Sandwich together. Bake until crusty and butter has melted, about 10 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.