Rigatoni with Roasted Pumpkin and Goat Cheese
Roasted sugar pumpkin is tossed with pasta and creamy cheese for a comforting main dish.
Everyday Food, October 2008
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour
- Yield Serves 4
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 12 ounces rigatoni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Roasted Pumpkin with Shallots and Sage (http://www.marthastewart.com/284251/roasted-pumpkin-with-shallots-and-sage)
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta, and return to pot. Add butter, cheese, and pasta water; toss until butter has melted.
- Gently fold in roasted pumpkin; season with salt and pepper. Divide among serving bowls, and serve immediately.
Sugar pumpkins are members of the gourd family; find them at farmers' markets or supermarkets. Choose smooth, deep-orange pumpkins that are heavy for their size, without cracks or soft spots. Store in the pantry for up to one month.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.