Banana Cupcakes with Honey-Cinnamon Frosting
For a handheld treat that takes the cake, try these cute confections -- they combine the flavor of classic banana bread with a creamy spiced frosting.
Everyday Food, March 2008
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes plus cooling
- Yield Makes 12
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 ripe bananas), plus 1 whole banana, for garnish (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Honey-Cinnamon Frosting (http://www.marthastewart.com/282160/honey-cinnamon-frosting)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture. In well, mix together butter, mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla. Stir to incorporate flour mixture (do not overmix). Dividing evenly, spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan; cool completely on a wire rack. Spread tops with Honey-Cinnamon Frosting. Just before serving, peel and slice banana into rounds, and place one on each cupcake, if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.