Black Beans with Lime
This side dish cooks up in just 10 minutes; a little chili powder gives the beans a spicy kick.
Everyday Food, May 2007
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Serves 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 scallions, white and green parts separated, thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 cans (19 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium. Add white part of scallions, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add beans, chili powder, and 1/4 cup water. Cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in lime juice; season with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with green part of scallions.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.