Butternut Squash Fries
A rich source of beta-carotene (the color of the flesh is a good indicator), vitamin C, magnesium, and potassium, butternut squash is also high in fiber.
Everyday Food, October 2004
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare butternut squash; cut into 1/2-inch-wide sticks. On a baking sheet, combine squash with olive oil and cumin; season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat, and spread squash in a single layer. Roast until fork-tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with lime juice and cilantro.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.