Everyday Food, April 2006
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 55 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 medium leeks (about 3 pounds), whites and light-green parts only, halved lengthwise and cut 1 inch thick crosswise, cleaned (see note below)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add leeks; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add wine and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover skillet and simmer, stirring occasionally, until very tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Uncover skillet; increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring, until liquid has evaporated, 2 to 4 minutes. Add cream; simmer until it has thickened and coats leeks, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.