Green Bean and Fennel Salad with Pecans
Everyday Food, December 2006
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Yield Serves 8
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 medium fennel bulbs (about 2 pounds total), cored and thinly sliced, fronds reserved (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fill a bowl with ice water; set aside. Spread pecans on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until fragrant and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes; set aside. (Store up to two days in an airtight container.)
- Place 1/2 inch water in a large skillet with a lid. Bring to a boil; salt generously. Add green beans, cover skillet, and cook over medium heat, tossing occasionally, until crisp-tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer immediately to ice water. Drain; pat dry with paper towels. (Cover and refrigerate up to 10 hours.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice and mustard; season with salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil. (Cover and refrigerate up to 10 hours.) To serve, combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and toss with dressing; garnish with fennel fronds, if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.