Spinach with Nutmeg and Lemon
This side dish goes well with roasted chicken or fish.
Everyday Food, October 2009
- 20 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground or freshly grated nutmeg
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Trim, rinse, and drain spinach. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high, then add as much spinach as will fit. Season spinach with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Cook, tossing and adding more spinach as room becomes available, until just wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.