Spread this relish on toasts topped with goat cheese or chicken, stir into yogurt or cottage cheese, spoon over roast chicken or pork, or layer on turkey sandwiches. Relish can be refrigerated, covered, up to 2 weeks.
Everyday Food, July/August 2005
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Yield Makes 2 cups
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried (two 1/2-pint containers)
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, rinsed and dried
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a large skillet, combine blueberries, grapes, sugar, ginger, rosemary, and vinegar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer gently until grapes begin to break down, 15 to 20 minutes
- Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Let cool completely before using or storing.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.