Bake these delicate cookies during the weekend, and enjoy them throughout the week.
Everyday Food, March 2004
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Yield Makes 24
- 4 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, mix butter, sugar, flour, vanilla extract, and salt until smooth; mix in rolled oats.
- Drop firmly packed teaspoons of dough, 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets. Bake until golden,
rotating sheets halfway through, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on sheet 1 minute; with a very thin metal spatula, transfer to paper towels to cool completely.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.