- 2 cans (15.5 ounces each) chickpeas
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt
- Reserving 1/4 cup liquid, rinse and drain 2 cans chickpeas. Place chickpeas and reserved liquid in a food processor. Add 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice, 1/4 cup tahini, well stirred, 2 garlic cloves, chopped, 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and 1 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt. Process until smooth.
To store, refrigerate in an airtight container up to 1 week.