This delicious pan-roasted chicken recipe is from "Martha Stewart's Cooking School."
The Martha Stewart Show, October Fall 2008
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 16 large black olives, such as Kalamata, pitted and halved
- 3 tablespoons capers (nonpareil), drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 skin-on boneless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each), rinsed and patted dry
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Prepare sauce: Heat oven to 475 degrees. Toss tomatoes, olives, capers, and 2 tablespoons oil together in a bowl.
- Sear chicken: Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over high heat until shimmering, about 1 minute. Add remaining tablespoon oil and heat until hot but not smoking. Place chicken in skillet, skin side down, and cook until deep golden brown, about 4 minutes. Use tongs to flip chicken, then add tomato mixture to skillet.
- Roast: Transfer skillet to oven and roast chicken until cooked through and tomatoes have softened, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Serve: Transfer everything to a platter, or divide chicken among plates and spoon some tomato mixture over the top.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.