Flank Steak and Red Onion
Caramelize an onion on the grill and pile the slices atop steak for a slightly sweeter take on a summertime favorite.
Martha Stewart Living, July 2010
- 1 flank steak (about 1 pound)
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for rubbing and drizzling
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large red onion, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- Heat grill to high. Rub both sides of steak with oil, and season generously with salt and pepper. Grill for 5 to 7 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drizzle onion slices with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Thinly slice meat across the grain, and serve topped with grilled onion.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.