Farro, Herb, and Vegetable Salad
Combine farro, herbs, and vegetables to make a healthy and delicious salad perfect for entertaining.
The Martha Stewart Show, July Summer 2008
- 1 package (1.1 pound) whole farro (not pearled)
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 English cucumber, trimmed, cut into quarters and chopped
- 2 medium yellow or red tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Grilled Shrimp with Basil and Lemon (http://www.marthastewart.com/257280/grilled-shrimp-with-basil-and-lemon), optional
- Place farro in a large bowl and cover with cold water; let soak 30 minutes.
- Drain farro and place in a large saucepan. Add 8 cups water, cover, and bring to a boil. Uncover and reduce heat to a simmer; let cook 30 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water; drain again. Transfer to a large bowl and add vinegar, olive oil, cucumber, tomatoes, and cilantro; stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper; serve topped with shrimp, if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.