Martha Stewart Kids, Spring 2006
- Swiss-Meringue Buttercream (http://www.marthastewart.com/281595/swiss-meringue-buttercream)
- Chocolate Cake (http://www.marthastewart.com/281176/chocolate-cake)
- 2 pounds white candy-coated chocolates (about 4 cups)
- 2 1/2 pounds coating chocolates in blue and yellow
- 12 plastic Champagne glasses (4 ounces each)
- With offset spatula, spread about 3/4 cup buttercream onto each cupcake, leaving bottom 1/2 inch unfrosted; smooth frosting into ball shape. Starting at top, gently press candy chocolates into frosting, covering sphere to make "golf-ball dimples." Refrigerate until firm, 15 to 30 minutes.
- Make tees: Microwave coating chocolates, 1 color at a time, in heatproof bowl on high 30 seconds; stir. If not completely melted, microwave in 10-second increments, stirring after each. Stir until smooth. Pour 1/2 cup into champagne glass; tap glass on counter, and rotate slowly to coat evenly. Repeat with remaining 11 glasses. Refrigerate until set, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Gently set unfrosted cupcake bottoms into coated tees. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 5 hours.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.