Iceberg Wedges with Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing
These delicious iceberg wedges with buttermilk blue cheese dressing make a tasy side salad.
The Martha Stewart Show, September 2006
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot, (about 1 shallot)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled domestic blue cheese
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, core trimmed, cut lengthwise into quarters
- 1/2 cup halved grapes or small cherry tomatoes, for garnish (optional)
- Whisk together buttermilk, mayonnaise, shallot, chives, lemon juice, coarse salt, pepper, and celery salt in a small bowl. Fold in blue cheese. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes.
- Place each wedge of lettuce on an individual plate. Drizzle each wedge with dressing and garnish with tomatoes, if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.