Martha Stewart Living, December 2009
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
Yield Makes 4
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (from a 17.3-ounce package), thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten, for egg wash
- Sanding sugar, for sprinkling
- 1 1/2 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Best-quality honey, for drizzling
- Sea salt, preferably fleur de sel, for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons whole almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Arrange puff pastry on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Trim edges if needed to form a 10-inch square, and fold each edge in to form a 1-inch crust. Prick middle of dough all over with a fork. Brush edges with egg
wash, and sprinkle with sanding sugar. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Transfer baking sheet to oven, and bake until pastry is
puffed and golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from
oven, and cover center evenly with chocolate. Drizzle with
honey, and sprinkle with salt. Return to oven, and bake until
chocolate melts, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds,
and cut into 4 squares. Serve with ice cream if desired, and
drizzle with more honey.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.