Cranberry-Oat Cereal Bars
Everyday Food, September 2006
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
Yield Makes 24
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 bag (10 ounces) marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups toasted oat cereal
- 1 cup dried cranberries, or raisins
- Spray a 10-by-15-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Line with waxed paper; spray paper with cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add marshmallows and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until marshmallows have melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in cereal and dried cranberries.
- Immediately transfer mixture to prepared baking sheet. Using a spatula (or your fingers) coated with cooking spray, press in quickly and firmly. Let cool, about 1 hour; cut into 24 bars (3 rows lengthwise by 8 rows crosswise).
Store in an airtight container up to 2 days.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.