Everyday Food, May 2006
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Yield Makes about 20
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 pound large strawberries (about 20), washed and dried well
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pistachios (optional)
- Place chocolate in a bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of simmering water. Stir occasionally, until melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. One at a time, dip each strawberry in chocolate, twirling to coat; then sprinkle chocolate-covered portion with pistachios, if using, and place on waxed paper.
- Chill chocolate-dipped strawberries at least 15 minutes to set chocolate. (Strawberries should not be stored in refrigerator longer than 1 hour as condensation drops may collect on the chocolate.)
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.