Double Chocolate Tiramisu
Chocolate fans will cheer this twist on tiramisu: It has ladyfingers infused with cocoa instead of espresso and an ethereal filling of chocolate and cream cheese. One bite and you'll be transported to your favorite trattoria.
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes, plus chilling
- Serves 10
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 bar (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 24 ladyfinger cookies (from a 7-ounce package)
- In a medium bowl, mix cocoa powder with 1 1/2 cups very hot water until dissolved; set cocoa mixture aside. In a small microwave-safe bowl, place 1/4 cup cream and chocolate; microwave in 1-minute increments, and stir until melted. Cool to room temperature.
- Transfer cooled chocolate mixture to a mixing bowl; add cream cheese and sugar. Using an electric mixer, beat until blended. Add remaining cream; beat chocolate filling until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Spread 1 cup chocolate filling in the bottom of a 2-quart serving dish. One at a time, dip 6 ladyfingers in cocoa mixture, then arrange in a single layer in dish; spread with 1 cup chocolate filling. Repeat with three more layers, ending with filling.
- Cover tiramisu, and refrigerate at least 2 hours (or up to 2 days). Dust with cocoa powder before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.