Light, floral citrus plus rich cream equals a great frozen treat. We love this sherbet with tangerines, but oranges are also delicious.
Martha Stewart Living, May 2010
- Finely grated zest of 2 tangerines
- 3 cups fresh tangerine juice (from about 10 tangerines)
- 1 cup sugar
- Coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or other orange-flavored liqueur
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Place tangerine zest in medium bowl. Heat 1/2 cup tangerine juice, the sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves. Transfer syrup to bowl with zest. Stir in remaining 2 1/2 cups tangerine juice, the Grand Marnier, and cream. Refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Freeze mixture in an ice cream maker, following manufacturer's instructions. Transfer to a container, and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.